
This has been a great vacation.
Well, other than the flight from JFK to Austin. But that's a story for another blog entry (hint - I was due to take off not long after the small plan skidded off of the runway at JFK).
I arrived on Thursday night. I ate a nutritious dinner of creamy jalapeno and tortilla chips while watching PS I Love You at the hotel with my mom. On Friday, I got my hair cut (holy crap, it's short now) and styled for a whopping $45.
I drove a car. And yes, it was weird.
I met my former roommate for a drink, then transitioned to happy hour with a lot of my old friends and co-workers. Everyone complimented me on my "New York haircut." I chuckled and explained that I'd had it cut eight hours earlier in Austin. I drank Tito's like it was going out of style.
We had lunch at a picnic table outside at FlipHappy Crepes, and I'm happy to say that it's as delicious as I had hoped. We spent time at the dog park, wearing flip flops and tshirts. I had an afternoon nap while we watched Ratatouille, and then I had Tex Mex for dinner while wearing a skirt and flip flops (ah, flip flops).
And I went to TARGET!!!!!!
More when I'm back in New York.

No comments:
Post a Comment