While I'm midway through sprinting up the stairs of the subway, I usually have a fleeting thought along the lines of "Christ, how many sets of stairs do I climb up/down on a given day?" I decided to do a rough calculation based on the average weekday in my world.
- Down 1 flight to leave my apartment in the morning
- Down 2 flights of stairs to get to the train in the morning
- Down 1 flight, then up 2 flights to get off of the train in the morning
- Down 5 flights to get to the cafeteria for breakfast
- Up 5 flights to get back to my desk after buying my cereal and Coke Zero
- Down 2 flights, then up 1 flight to get to the train in the afternoon
- Up 2 flights to get off of the train in the afternoon
- Up 1 flight to get to my apartment when I get home
So, approximately 23 flights. This could be why I have a hard time understanding how people gain weight when they move to this city. If I walk to and/or from work, I lose anywhere from 3-6 flights, but I walk anywhere from 1.3 - 2.6 miles.
Why am I paying $80/month for the gym?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment