Since my first day at my first "real" job after college, I've used Outlook. I love Outlook. I know Outlook forwards and backwards and inside out. It's user-friendly, it makes sense, and it looks pretty. It has never occurred to me that a company would use anything BUT Outlook.
Until I started my job in New York. Here, they use Lotus Notes.
I fucking hate Lotus Notes. It's slow. It has a massive delay on receiving emails. It's not user-friendly. The calendar sucks. The layout makes no sense. The presence of a "reply" button seems to be dependent on the current mood of Lotus Notes, because half the time it's there when I'm looking at an email, and half the time it's MIA. It defaults to replying without history - wtf would you do that for? In what universe do people normally reply without history?
I could go on and on all day long, but it's not going to do much good.
Coming soon - a rant about having to switch from Office 2003 to Office 2007 six months ago, getting used to Office 2007, and then having to go back to Office 2003. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment