It's starting to dawn on me that I have a lot of shit to do this coming weekend, starting the second my plane lands at La Guardia. I'm not usually one for planning in advance, but I think I'm going to have to in this instance - otherwise I'm going to wind up sleeping on a hard floor or something.
Friday
I land at 4:15PM. I'm trying to get on an earlier flight (I have no rational basis for this school of thought, but I'd really rather have more available daylight for running errands on the day of my arrival), but won't know anything about that until Thursday morning. Cross your fingers for me.
I'm taking a cab from the airport to my apartment, because there is no way in hell that I am going to try to wrangle two gigantic suitcases through the subway system.
I'm actually most concerned about how I am going to get my giant suitcases from the street to my apartment stoop in one trip. I might have to hope that I get a nice cab driver (ha!) that will help me. Otherwise, it'll be a sight to see. Fortunately, the building has an elevator - thank God for small blessings.
I was initially planning to go buy an air mattress upon my arrival, but now I'm thinking there's no point - one of my purchases at Ikea on Saturday is going to be a futon chair, so even if there's a delay in getting a mattress delivered, I'll have a bed by night #2. There doesn't seem to be much of a point to laying out money for an air mattress in that scenario... I'm hoping that someone might be able to loan me one (Tim? Anyone reading this blog? Please?), but I can always crash on the couch in the living room if I have to.
Actually, that makes Friday a lot less hectic. Moving on.
I do have to run up to the area where Tim's office is to get something from him, and probably grab a quick drink.
I have no plans socially on Friday night, which is both a good and a bad thing. I have a feeling that I'll be so exhausted that all I want to do is sleep, but I also have visions of feeling very lost and homesick while I sit home alone on my first night as a New York resident.
Saturday
I'm making the aforementioned trip to Ikea with my friend, as well as buying a mattress. This will involve me driving through Manhattan, which should be completely terrifying. Yay.
Anyway, my whole point is that while my days are packed, my nights are not. Those of you who are in New York, please let me know if you have anything going on that you don't mind having a tagalong for :) I promise to shower and fix myself up all nice ;)
Let's not even get started on getting to work on Monday - one thing I'm regretting is not having a weekday morning where I can test out my commute, so I will inevitably be ridiculously early. Oh well. I'm hoping the weather will be decent enough that I can just walk and skip dealing with the subway for another day.
===
Update - I now have plans for a late (post 8PM) dinner on Friday. Ikea seems to be out of stock for some of the things I was planning to purchase, so that plan is now slated as tentative. Stupid Ikea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment