Thursday, January 3, 2008

Seriously?

I went to the gym last night to sign up for a membership.

Lest you think that I'm one of those "start the new year off right... for three weeks, then never go back" types, I'm just moving from one gym to another that's a) way cheaper, and b) closer, and c) has a lot more locations to choose from.

Anyway.

After I signed the papers, I headed back out to my car - skipping a workout last night in favor of going early this morning (whoops - I'll be going after work instead). I had backed out of my parking space and was heading for the end of the row when I saw another car frantically whipping around a corner into my row, nearly decapitating herself to throw on her turn signal.

I couldn't figure out what on earth was going on, because we seemed to be the only two cars in the parking lot that were actually moving.

As I pulled a few feet forward, I realized what was going on. She was eyeing a front row parking spot, and was completely paranoid that I was going to steal it from her.

Come on, people - if you can't suck it up and walk an extra 20 feet AT THE GYM, something is seriously wrong with you.

I rolled my eyes, pulled out of the parking lot, and stewed about the state of humanity on my way to Randall's.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This has nothing to do with the entry, but I realized your blog is satirecity. And ever since I noticed that, I haven't stopped repeating the jingle for "Spatula City" from the Weird Al movie UHF. (If you haven't seen, I recommend on a hungover Saturday.)

Anyway, thank you for that, because that shitty movie brings me joy. (Also -- research papers done. Maybe MLK weekend??)