All of that aside, we were there one night against our will. I was standing at the bar with my friend Pete when I looked up, did a double take, and then elbowed Pete in the ribs.
"Dude! Look over there. It's Roger Clemens."
"WHAT?!"
(Roger Clemens is, or perhaps was, a big favorite of Pete's. Pete cheers for the Yankees. This is the one aspect of life that Pete and I absolutely disagree about.)
Pete stood there and stared. I took a discreet picture. Pete stared some more. I looked around the bar, then elbowed Pete in the ribs again.
"Dude."
"Who else is here?!"
"No one. But look around. All of the girls are completely oblivious, and every single guy in here looks like he's watching live porn or something."
"HA!"
Pete eventually mustered up the courage to go shake Roger Clemens' hand. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of that. However, see below for the Steroid Giant in all of his pre-drug bust glory:

No comments:
Post a Comment