Commuting without an iPod is interesting.
At the Sprint/Nextel store on 34th
(Employee looks at screen showing the names of customers who are waiting, reads the next name on the list)
"Guadamale?"
(Girl sitting right below him looks up)
"It's Guadalupe. And I've already been helped."
(Her name was spelled correctly on the list. I bet if she'd told the hostess her name was Guatemala, the guy would've said "Guadalupe".)
Corner of W12th & 7th
"I mean, I don't even like food!"
(Just another New York girl with food issues)
Corner of W14th & 8th
"She looks like she knows where she's going - ask her!"
(Spoken by Girl #1 as I passed by them)
"Is 9th that way?"
(Asked of me by Girl #2)
"Yep."
(Said by me, the incredulous person who hasn't even lived here for a month and does not view herself as someone who looks like a good source for correct directions)
W14th btwn 8th & 9th
"I thought 'Damn, I've finally met a girl in New York that isn't a vapid, eating disordered, dumb, fashion-obsessed, money-hungry marriage whore."
(Said by Guy #1 to his buddy as I fumbled with my umbrella on the sidewalk a few feet away)
"So what went wrong?"
(Said by the Buddy)
"Uh, she's a he. Or a she-he. Either way, the transition is not complete."
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment