Wednesday, March 19, 2008

And they say we have a drinking problem.

The following conversation took place while I was sitting on the couch in my pajamas.

"So you're sitting at the bar until the fire department says you can go back into your apartment?"

"Yep, I'm at (insert name of bar here). Apparently there's a gas leak, but they don't know where it's coming from."

"Want some company?"

"Hell yes."

Ten minutes later, I found myself clad in legitimate clothing. Five minutes after that, I was sitting on the C heading uptown. Three hours later, I just got home from a few too many beers, and a ridiculously unnecessary cab ride (because I am lazy and did not want to wait for the train).

My friend is now at his place. Apparently there were trace levels of carbon monoxide, but they're now clear. Disturbingly, no one thought to have the hot water turned back on until my friend asked the lone volunteer firefighter stationed outside of the building at the end of the ordeal.

How much you wanna bet he'll be showering at the gym tomorrow?

No comments: