I guess that everyone expects life in New York to be fast paced and glamorous.
Even if they don't expect this to be the norm, they certainly figure that you'll be leading a fast aced and glamorous life for at least the first week.
I'm defying the norm, and being a boring jerk.
I need to do laundry before Thursday, because I need to wash my jeans. I also desperately need to wash my sheets, because they feel like sandpaper (I have plans to drown them in fabric softener). My original plan was to do this tomorrow night, but it looks like I might have stuff to do for work.
So, tonight, I will be swinging by the grocery store on my way home for dinner supplies, dropping those off, and then trekking next door (laundry is in the basement of the building next to us) to wash a load of sheets and a load of clothes, before trekking back to my apartment to make dinner.
I could go back and forth, but the laundry is seriously going to take an hour, and it seems pointless to keep going down a flight of stairs from my apt, walking next door, going down a flight of stairs to the basement, putting the laundry into the washer, going back up the basement stairs, going back to my building, going back up to my floor... you get the point.
Oh well - at least I'm in for a crazy weekend to make up for this mid-week boring streak.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment